Faulty car

Dated: 2024-06-20 14:22:53

I purchased Maruti Alto automatic about one year back . The automatic gear gets locked occasionally and the gear unlocks on pushing the car . The service centre is unavailable to rectify the defect Please advise course of action

Answers by Lawyers

The very first step is to collect all the suppoorting documents like, Bill of purchase, and also if possible any report which says that the gear system is faulty.
Then request the company by writing them a letter or a mail, explaining your problem and to help you further in your case. The defect is not caused by you and hence you are not to pay for the repair.

In case this does not help you out, you can file a complaint againest the manufacturer for providing a faulty/defective car. In many of the cases, the consumer court has awarded compensation as well has directed the manufacturer to replace the car.

You can file a complaint in the consumer court without a lawyer, but it is advised that you consult a lawyer beforehand. Keep in mind that the complaint has to be filed within two years from the day the deficiency in service or defect in goods has arisen/detected.

Krishnaveni Advocate
Can I register a complaint in consumer court in India without a lawyer?
Can I register a complaint in consumer court in India without a lawyer?
What to do when Police refuses to register your FIR?
Police has refused to register my FIR. I have approached the higher authorities of police, but no action is taken. Plz advise.
What are some basic things I should know about acquring Indian Citizenship before acquiring the same.
A friend of mine wants to acquire Indian Citizenship. Could you just provide us an outline of the Indian Citizenship.
After the demise of my father, someone suggested me to obtain a legal heir certificate but I am not well versed with the proper procedure, nor do I know who has the right to obtain this certificate. Please help me in this regard.
What are the grounds avaliable for me to seek a divorce
My wife is not ready for a divorce by mutual consent. She is also not residing in the house. Can it be a ground to seek a divorce.


The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at GetLaw.in and has been responded by one of the Child Custody Lawyers at GetLaw.in to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at GetLaw.in or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyerserser of your choice to address your query in detail.